Chicken, Blue Cheese, and Walnut Salad
All of the elements of this salad walnuts, blue cheese, and chicken is very delicious and healthy for every human being. Try it at your home and let us know your experience.
- Foil-lined baking tray
- A large serving bowl
- 2 large chicken breast fillets
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried French tarragon
- ½ cup (60 g) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 100g baby English spinach leaves
- 125g firm blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to warm 170°C (325°F/Gas 3). Place the chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Brush with half the oil and sprinkle generously with freshly ground black pepper and 1 teaspoon dried tarragon.
- Cook under a hot grill for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile place the walnuts on an oven tray and roast for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the reaming tarragon, vinegar, and Dijon mustard with the remaining olive oil. Season the taste.
- Cut the chicken across the grain into 1.5 cm thick strips. Put the spinach, chicken, walnuts and blue cheese in a large serving bowl, add the dressing, toss, and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serve
- Protein 35 g;
- Fat 40 g;
- Carbohydrate 0.5 g;
- Dietary Fibre 1.5g;
- Cholesterol 90 mg;
- 2200 kJ (525 cal)