Whole Wheat Walnut Bread
Dark and dense with a wheat flavor and the crunch of walnuts. Serve this eggless bread with hearty soups and stews, main course salads, or fruit and cheese, a very good bred for so little effort, and it makes nice breakfast toast, too.
- Loaf pan
- Large bowl
- 1 cup (5 oz/155g) whole-wheat (wholemeal) flour
- 1 Cup (5 oz/155 g) all-purpose (plain) Flou
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda(bicarbonate of soda)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- ½ Cup (3 ½ oz/105 g) chopped cooked Spinach, thoroughly drained
- ½ Cup (2 oz/60 g) chopped toasted Walnuts or almonds
- ½ Cup (2 oz60 g) freshly grated Parmesan or Swiss cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350˚F(180˚C). Grease and flour a large (9-inch/23-cm) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl stir and toss together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside. In a medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk, oil, and molasses until smooth. Stir just until blended.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Bake until a thin wooden skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Make this Whole Wheat Walnut Bread and please let us know your experience.
You may like also our other bread recipes