Chicken Noodle Soup
Mirin is a sweet rice wine used for cooking. Sweet sherry, with a little sugar added, can be used instead.
- A large saucepan
- Deep Chinese bowls
- 85g fresh egg noddles
- 1.25 liters chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy souce
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, julienned
- 2 chicken breast fillets, finely sliced
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, stalks trimmed, leavesseparated
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 1 minute,drain and set aside
- In a large saucepan, heat the stock to simmer, add the mirin, soy sauce, ginger, chicken, and noodles.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the noodles are warmed through.
- Remove any scum from the surface of the soup.
- Add the bok choy and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the bok choy has wilted.
- Serve in deep Chinese bowls and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Per Serve
- Protein 30 gram
- Fat 3 gram
- Carbohydrate 15 gram
- Dietary Fibre 1 gram
- Cholesterol 65 milligram
- 915 kJ (kilojoules) (220 cal)
Some Other Chicken Recipes