Potato Muffins Recipe
Potato starch produces bread that is slightly chewy and has a subtle potato flavor. These muffins are wonderful for lunch with a green salad and cheese, or with any chicken dish.
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
Makes about 12 standard muffins.
- 2 cups (10 oz/315 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) milk
- ¼ cup (2 oz/60g) unsalted butter, Melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or Sage, or 1 teaspoon dried dill or sage
- ¾ cup (6 oz/185 g) small-curd cottage
- Preheat an oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Butter standard muffin tins.
- In a large bowl stir and toss together the flour, potato starch, sugar, baking powder, salt, and thyme. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk and mashed potatoes.
- Then add the egg, melted butter, and cheese and whisk until well mixed.
- Add to the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about three-quarters full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-18 minutes.
- Cool in the tins for 3 minutes, then remove.
Make these Potato Muffins and please let us know your experience.
Our Other Muffins Recipes