Vegetable Nut Bread
A green-flecked, flavorful bread loaded with many good things. It is a hearty and healthful-an ideal companion to vegetarian meals. You can use other chopped cooked vegetables instead of spinach and vary the cheese as well.This bread does not keep, so wrap and freeze what you will not use within a day.
- Loaf pan
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 ½ cups (7 ½ oz/235 g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (6 fl oz/180 ml) milk
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz/60 ml) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (1 ½ oz/45 g) chopped Pistachios
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted Greek
- Preheat an oven to 375˚F(190˚C). Grease and flour a medium (8 1/2 –inch/21-cm) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl stir and toss together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, honey, oil, and egg.
- Stir in the spinach, nuts, and cheese. Add to the combined dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake until a thin wooden skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 50-55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You may like also our other bread recipes